IV 3000 1-Hand Delivery Transparent Film Catheter Dressing
OPSITE IV3000 Frame Delivery Dressing
Hypafix Transparent Film Roll
IV3000 ™ 1-Hand Moisture Responsive Cannula Fixation Dressing
IV3000 ™ 1-Hand is a moisture responsive transparent film dressing specifically designed to meet the needs of catheter fixation and to keep the catheter site dry. Independent clinical experts have proven IV3000 to offer safe, secure and cost effective catheter fixation and believe it to be ‘a technological advance for IV site care'. The 1-Hand delivery system provides quick and easy aseptic application to all major catheter types.
- IV3000 ™ 1-Hand is indicated for peripheral and central venous catheter fixation.
- Provides physical separation between the catheter site and external environments to assist in preventing contamination of the catheter site.
- Creates an environment for managing moisture at the catheter site through increased Moisture Vapor Transmission Rates.
- Use on prepared dry skin only. Do not stack dressings, or allow dressings to overlap. Periodically monitor the dressing and catheter site to confirm secure attachment and continued proper infusion, especially after bathing, showering, or if the dressing and catheter site becomes wet. If the dressing comes off, evaluate to ensure proper catheter placement, and then apply a new dressing. As with all adhesive products, apply and remove carefully from sensitive or fragile skin. When using IV3000 ™ 1-Hand to secure tubing sets of portable infusion pumps, including insulin pumps for diabetics, extra care should be exercised during periods of vigorous activity or when exposed to wet conditions. Check dressing frequently to assure adhesion of dressing, as a loss of adhesion can occur, potentially resulting in catheter dislodgement and loss of medication flow.
- Users of IV3000 ™ 1-Hand (product code 4007) may consider using the larger IV3000 ™ 1-Hand (product code 4008) dressing, with a greater adherent surface area, as a replacement dressing where additional adhesion is needed.
- Moisture responsive high moisture vapor transmission rate film
- Grid pattern adhesive
- Transparent and conformable
- 1-Hand delivery system
- Film acts as a barrier to bacteria including MSRA
- May help reduce risk of infection by preventing moisture accumulation - The patented REACTIC ™ film in IV3000 ™ has a unique molecular structure which is significantly more permeable to water vapor than ordinary films. This may help prevent the accumulation of moisture underneath the dressing and assists in the reduction of bacterial growth and the risk of catheter-related infection.
- Minimizes unscheduled dressing changes - The higher permeability of IV3000 ™ keeps the skin drier so improving dressing adherence and reducing the number of unscheduled dressing changes.
- Greater patient comfort - IV3000 ™ is kind to the patient's skin. Its low allergy adhesive and highly permeable Reactic film may help prevent skin maceration or irritation and result in improved patient comfort.
- Excellent catheter stability - The highly conformable IV3000 ™ film allows the patient to move freely and yet will remain firmly adhered around the catheter hub so ensuring excellent fixation.
- Convenient visual inspection - IV3000 ™ is transparent and so allows regular inspection of the catheter insertion site for signs of infection or phlebitis without the need for dressing removal.
- Easy application and removal - The 1-Hand delivery system is designed to provide quick and easy aseptic application. It also allows the dressing to be applied with 1-Hand if required leaving the other hand free to stabilize the catheter or patient. The unique grid pattern adhesive makes dressing removal easier than with ordinary films and leaves less adhesive residue on the patient's skin.
- Usual Allowable Amount: Same as transparent film -- up to 3 per week.
- Specific Coverage Criteria: Surgical dressing: Qualifies if used on a catheter entry point (except for infusion pumps) where the catheter is inserted into a blood vessel.
- Documentation as surgical dressing: Must include 1) date of surgical procedure; 2) length, width, and depth of the surgical wound (depth should be based on the wound prior to suturing).
Instructions for Use:
Clean and thoroughly dry application area.
- Remove the protector paper (1) and center the dressing over the catheter insertion site.
- Place the dressing on the catheter hub and adhere the dressing to the patient's skin. Remove the remaining protector paper (2)
- Remove the printed carrier (3) by lifting the non-adhesive edge and pulling diagonally until the carrier is removed.
- Mold the film around the catheter to complete the dressing application.
- Remove dressing by loosening the film and stretching the dressing parallel to the patient's skin while stabilizing the patient's skin and catheterwith the other hand. If the skin is particularly fragile then warm soap and water may be used to break the adhesive bond and to ease the dressing off.
|Manufacturer||Smith & Nephew|
|Brand||Smith & Nephew|
|Product Mfr Part Number||G-sn-058|
|SKU||Image||Product Name||Product Packaging||Size||Availability||Price||Add To cart|
|SN-66024007||Opsite IV3000 1 Hand Transparent Dressing 2 3/8" x 2 3/4"||100/BX||2 3/8" X 2 3/4"||6 in stock.|
|SN-66024008||1-Hand Central Film Dressing, 4" x 4"||50/BX||4" X 4"||Out of stock|
|Out of stock|
Allevyn Adhesive Dressings 7" x 7" (6" x 6" Pad) - Expired$54.95SN-66000045-I-EXP
Allevyn Tracheostomy Non-Adhesive Apertured Hydrocellular Dressing
Starting at $38.00G-SN-131