Iodoflex Cadexomer Iodine Pads
Dermagran B Hydrophilic Wound Dressing
Curad Sterile Xeroform Gauze
IODOFLEX ™ Pads are sterile formulations of Cadexomer Iodine. When applied to the wound, they absorb fluids, removing exudate, pus and debris and forming a gel over the wound surface. As they absorb, iodine is released, killing bacteria and changing color.
A 3-in-1 mode of action kills bacteria, manages exudate, and debrides the wound bed.
Helps Promote Wound Healing
- Exudate and debris is removed effectively.
- IODOFLEX ™ helps to promote a clean wound healing environment.
- A change in color (white) indicates when IODOFLEX ™ should be changed.
- Gel formed over the wound promotes moist healing.
- Accelerated healing rates can lead to earlier patient discharges.
Fewer Dressing Changes
- IODOFLEX ™ Pads contain Cadexomer iodine which can absorb up to 6 times its weight in fluid.
- Range of sizes to suit most wound sizes.
- IODOFLEX ™ Pads treat infection, associated pain is reduced which can improve quality of life.
- IODOFLEX ™ is non-adhesive which can reduce trauma at dressing changes and encourage patient compliance.
IODOFLEX ™ Pads - For use in cleaning wet ulcers and wounds such as venous stasis ulcers, pressure sores, diabetic foot ulcers, and infected traumatic and surgical wounds.
Contraindications / Precautions
IODOFLEX ™ is contraindicated in:
- patients with known or suspected iodine sensitivity
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis
- non-toxic nodular goitre
IODOFLEX ™ should not be used:
- by pregnant or lactating women
Special Warnings and Precautions for Use
Iodine may be absorbed systemically, especially when large wounds are treated. Patients with severely impaired renal function or a past history of any thyroid disorder are more susceptible to alterations in thyroid metabolism with chronic IODOFLEX ™ therapy.
In endemic goitre, there have been isolated reports of hyperthyroidism associated with exogenous idoine.
It has been observed occasionally that an adherent crust can form when IODOFLEX ™ is not changed with sufficient frequency.
Instructions for Use:
- Clean the wound and the surrounding area with either a gentle stream of sterile water or saline. DO NOT DRY the wound surface.
- Remove the carrier gauze on both sides of the paste using aseptic technique.
- Apply IODOFLEX ™ to the wound surface. Apply compression bandaging when appropriate. Any remaining IODOFLEX ™ should be discarded.
- IODOFLEX ™ should be changed when it has become saturated with wound fluid, indicated by loss of colour, usually two to three times a week. If the wound is discharging heavily, daily changes may be needed.
- If necessary, soak the dressing for a few minutes.
- Gently remove the IODOFLEX ™ using a stream of sterile water or saline.
- Gently blot any excess fluid, leaving the wound surface slightly moist, before re-applying IODOFLEX ™.
After Using IODOFLEX ™
- IODOFLEX ™ may cause smarting especially in the first hour after treatment. Occasionally, IODOFLEX ™ may cause the skin around the wound edges to redden. If the symptoms persist, or you experience other symptoms, please contact your doctor or nurse.
|Manufacturer||Smith & Nephew|
|Brand||Smith & Nephew|
|SKU||Image||Product Name||Product Packaging||Size||Availability||Price||Add To cart|
|SN-6602133005||Iodoflex 5 Gram 1 1/2" x 2 3/8"||5/BX||5 X 5gm||14 in stock.|
|SN-6602134010||Iodoflex 10 Gram 2 1/8" x 3"||3/BX||3 X 10gm||Out of stock|
|Out of stock|
Allevyn Non Adhesive Hydrocellular Polurethane Dressings
Starting at $26.00G-SN-66027643-66927638