Shop By Brand » Ferndale Laboratories
Founded in 1897, the J.F. Hartz Company provided surgical instruments, medical supplies, and equipment to the medical profession. In 1950, the focus shifted to serving Michigan doctors and hospitals through surgical and pharmaceutical divisions. A few years later the name was changed to Ferndale Surgical and Laboratories. In 1975, the company, then called Ferndale Laboratories, Inc., reacted to the challenges of the changing needs of the medical community by embarking on a mission to grow from a local pharmaceutical manufacturer to a healthcare company with national recognition. Technology enabled the company to reach out to the national marketplace, creating an inside sales force which was followed in 1996 by the implementation of an outside sales force. The synergy between these two groups combined to provide customers with national coverage and ensured exponential growth for the company. In 2004, Ferndale Laboratories, Inc.